Friday, October 25, 2013

As a PM in the dreams !


The day has been full of activity , so many events , so many actions , orations and gatherings. The country is going through turmoil. While seeing the television , I went in to a trance and then …… In front , appeared the minister of home affairs , ‘ Sir ’ , he said , ‘We are in great trouble , sir ’ . ‘What happened ?’ I asked ‘There are no rooms available , sir ’ informed the anxious home minister. ‘Which rooms are you talking about , Mr Home Minister ? ’ I asked. ‘Rooms in the prison , sir . Already thousands are lodged inside and court has sentenced few hundreds more sir . As on today lot many cases are in the process , sir .’ The home minister was in panic . ‘And the way the honorable courts are delivering the judgments , sir , soon we will have no place in the prison sir .’ Said the home minister in a trembling voice. ‘Are there so many criminals this time of the year !’, I was astonished . ‘No and yes sir . Not usual criminals , they are all our respected , honorable , elected politicians who committed various scams , sir , coal gate , 2 G , 3 G , common wealth , Adarsh scam , Fodder scam , MBBS admission scandal , defense purchases scandal and there are many more under the carpet , sir. Then there are politicians jailed for instigating riots , sir,’ replied home minister. ‘ Few of the religious gurus with their followers are also lodged in the jail , sir ’ the minister reminded me. I too was worried . With so many scams , so many politicians of different hues and shades , so many religious swamis and gurus , I am sure we shall need to create more prisons. The home minister continued further increasing my worry , ‘Now there is one more problem, sir . Five hard core militants have escaped from prison, sir .’ ‘Very good ‘. I replied . ‘ Now we can have these five rooms for politicians .’ ‘But once we catch those militants , where will we lodge them ,sir ?’ ‘Easy , we will keep them in the homes of those police officers whose negligence resulted in their escape ,’ I replied. ‘There is one more problem. sir .’ there was no end to his worries. ‘Now what ? ‘ I asked . ‘These political prisoners are asking for separate prison , sir , one for Secular politicians and other for Communal ones, sir . How can we have such different prisons, sir ?’ The confused Home Minister asked me . ‘ I am also getting enquiry from various political parties about vacancy of good prison rooms , they want to book rooms for their leaders in advance just in case they need these in future !’ I revealed the secret. ‘ Sir , in next session of parliament , these political parties are going to bring prison reform bill , sir.’ The home minister continued , ‘ As per their wish and connections , we need to provide them with good air conditioned room , good food , personal attendants , pan, tobacco , television , mosquito nets , mobile and a mike , sir .’ said the minister . ‘ Why mike ? ’ it was my turn to be surprised . ‘ All these honorable politicians are in habit of speaking in a mike . Without mike , their tummy gets bloated sir ’, he replied . ‘No need to worry, our honorable president shall quash their hopes . But Mr Home minister , why are you asking me all these ? ’ I asked . ‘Sir , you are the prime minister of this country , sir .’ He looked confused . ‘Oh NO, NO, NO ! I do NOT want to be the Prime Minister .’ I shouted loudly. ‘Wake up papa , don’t dream. ’ I got a push from my daughter . I woke up and found that there was telecast of another scam . I profusely thanked the God , fortunately I am not the Prime Minister of this scam land !

No comments: